Course 2: Beginning in Bees, learn to keep bees in your backyard 2021
Regular price $265.00 AUD
- Have you been contemplating stepping into the world of hobby beekeeping? There is much to learn and consider before leaping into this fascinating and self-sustaining hobby.
- This is our level 2 course and which gives initiation to the world of backyard beekeeping. Across the weekend you will experience 8 hours of theory and practical instruction on what to expect in the first year of beekeeping.
- Day 1, theory in the office, processes from the hive and biology of the hive. Preparation for what we will see on Sunday.
- Day 2, we will run through Biology again, hand out a checklist of their objectives for the inhive experience, then 2.5 hours of practical experience (in Hive, extraction, workshop).
- This is a hands-on class where participants will interact with live honeybees in a working beehive and will handle honey and wax in the processing factory. Personal Protective Equipment will be loaned for use on the course.
- Dates to be confirmed upon booking, later in 2021
- 9am to 1pm Sat + Sun
- 8 hours of practical and hands-on learning spread over 2 half days across one weekend
- Limited places
- Prerequisite Course 1 or similar level of experience
- Honey tasting
- 350g jar of seasonal Bee One Third Neighbourhood Honey (your choice of varieties) to take home
- Tea/coffee & snacks (BYO lunch)
- Eight hours of content, education, and information across 2 days.
- Learning resources and takeaway notes
- Discount code for access to Course 3
Bee One Third, Unit 4, 8 Boyland Avenue Coopers Plains QLD 4108
- Ample parking available
- The classroom is on the ground floor and first floor, bathroom on the upper floor (approx 14 stairs). No elevator or lift assist.
$265 per participant
Terms and Conditions:
- One course registration and payment is required per person.
- Payments and registrations for an event will close 48 hours before the event commences. Cash payments or walk-ins on the day cannot be accommodated.
- Cancellation: Cancellations will be processed if received more than 7 days from the course commencement. Attendees can receive a refund up to 7 days before the event start date. Refund is less processing fees. Cancellations closer than 7 days will incur both processing fees and catering expenses will be deducted.
- In the event of illness, the paid registration in the course may be held over to a future class but must be redeemed within 6 months.
- The minimum age recommended is 12 years. The class is aimed at young/full aged adults, not children below 12 years old.
- Participants attend at their own risk. If you have a severe allergy to bee stings, bring your own Epipen to the class.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.