Course 2: Beginning in Bees
Regular price $264.00 AUD
- Have you been contemplating stepping into the world of hobby beekeeping? There is much to learn and consider before leaping into this fascinating and self-sustaining hobby.
- This is our level 2 course and which gives an initiation to the world of backyard beekeeping. Across the weekend you will experience 8 hours of theory and practical instruction on to what to expect in the first year of beekeeping.
- Day 1, theory in the office, processes from the hive and biology of the hive. Preparation for what we will see on Sunday.
- Day 2, we will run through Biology again, hand out check list of their objectives for the inhive experience, then 2.5 hours of practical experience (in Hive, extraction, workshop).
- This is a hands-on class where participants will interact with live honeybees in a working beehive and will handle honey and wax in the processing factory. Personal Protective Equipment will be loaned for use on the course.
- Dates available: 27th & 28th February 2021
- 9am to 1pm Sat + Sun
- 8 hours of practical and hands on learning spread over 2 half days across one weekend
- Limited places
- Prerequisite Course 1 or similar level of experience
- Honey tasting
- 350g jar of seasonal Bee One Third Neighbourhood Honey (your choice of varieties) to take home
- Tea/coffee & snacks (BYO lunch)
- Eight hours of content, education and information across 2 days.
- Learning resources and takeaway notes
- Discount code for access to Course 3
Bee One Third, Unit 4, 8 Boyland Avenue Coopers Plains QLD 4108
- Ample parking available
- Classroom is on the ground floor and first floor, bathroom on upperfloor (approx 14 stairs). No elevator or lift assist.
$240 plus GST per participant
Terms and Conditions:
- One course registration and payment is required per person.
- Payments and registrations for an event will close 48 hours before the event commences. Cash payments or walk-ins on the day cannot be accommodated.
- Cancellation: Cancellations will be processed if received more than 7 days from the course commencement. Attendees can receive a refund up to 7 days before the event start date. Refund is less processing fees. Cancellations closer than 7 days will incur both processing fees and catering expenses will be deducted.
- In the event of illness the paid registration in course may be held over to a future class but must be redeemed within 6 months.
- Minimum age recommended is 12 years. The class is aimed at adults not children.
- Participants attend at their own risk. If you have severe allergy to bee stings, bring your own Epipen to the class.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact Kathy on email@example.com.